Swansea Transfer News, Rumours
June 3, 2014
A host of Premier League clubs are chasing Swansea City’s Wilfried Bony but Arsenal, Newcastle and West Ham have all been told they will have to pay up £19million if they want to sign the striker.
Bony has had a sensational first season at Swansea scoring 25 goals and is currently with the Ivory Coast’s World Cup squad getting ready for the World Cup Finals in Brazil.
The 25 year old who joined Swansea in 2013 for £12m – is thought to be keen on a move to a bigger Premiership team.Subscribe to Football Transfers by Email
July 16, 2013
According to the South Wales Evening Post, Swansea could be set to sign former-Wigan striker Franco Di Santo. The Argentinian international left the DW Stadium, after his contract expired and his club were relegated to the Championship.
Di Santo is also believed to be interesting the likes of Crystal Palace, Hull, and West Brom this summer, despite a relatively poor goal return in his time in Lancashire.
Swans boss Michael Laudrup is looking to strengthen his attacking further, following the Welsh clubs club-record capture of highly-rated Ivory Coast striker Wilfried Bony from Vitesse.Subscribe to Football Transfers by Email
August 24, 2012
Manchester City have been told they will have to coughed up more than £9million for Swansea winger Scott Sinclair. It was originally thought that City could conclude a deal that involved the champions paying just £6million for the former-Chelsea star.
However, Swansea now seem to be demanding more for one of their top assets. Sinclair has handed in a transfer request at the Liberty Stadium and is expected to move on before the transfer window shuts. The Swans are chasing Valencia ace Pablo Hernandez, as a possible replacement for Sinclair.
One player that looks closer to a move to Swansea is Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung. The South Korean international is expected in Wales to have a medical later today and sign a long-term contract. Boss Michael Laudrup has been looking for a replacement for Joe Allen and sees Ki as the ideal replacement for the Welsh midfielder.Subscribe to Football Transfers by Email
August 18, 2012
Premier League Swansea are being linked with a move for Valencia’s attacking midfielder Pablo Hernandez. The 27 year-old is highly-rated and previously played for new Swansea boss Michael Laudrup in his time at Getafe.
A £5million move has been mooted for the Valencia star. Hernandez has always had a desire to play in the English top flight and the lure of playing under Laudrup again could be enough to persuade him to move to the Liberty Stadium.
The Swans have also signed highly-rated young striker Jamie Proctor from Preston for an undisclosed fee. The 20 year-old scored three goals for North End last season and is regarded as a good prospect for the future.
The youngster will go into Swansea’s under-21 league squad, but is expected to progress into the first team picture in the near future. The Swans are looking to stay in the English top flight this seasonSubscribe to Football Transfers by Email